function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jojoforcejojoforce 

StandardSetController SAVE returns to 1st page

Hello...

The StandardSetController that allows VisualForce pages and Apex to paginate through the records has a "Save" method. According to SalesForce documentation:

Inserts new records or updates existing records that have been changed. After this operation is finished, it returns aPageReference to the original page, if known, or the home page.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/apex_pages_standardsetcontroller.htm

The issue that I am facing right now is everytime I make an update to any of the records and use the save method provided by that query, it always returns me to page 1.

For example, if I go to page 3, make an update, and perform a "Save" it always returns to the first page. I thought that it should return to the original page (which is the current page you are on). Am I misunderstanding the documentation? 

WizradWizrad

It is returning you to the original vf page.  The page originally loads with you on page 1 / ? of your result list.

Edit: Build a custom save method or make the page figure out what "page of results" you were last on in the constructor.

jojoforcejojoforce

I did that, but it requires me to re-query the standard set controller. Is there any way I wouldn't have to re-query the set?