function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AtestAtest 

force.com & database.com integration guide

Is there any guide or code available on force.com & database.com integration ? we are dealing with high volumn of data. If there is any native intergration technique (as both of them share same platform) please let me know.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Database.com is the cloud database that integrates Salesforce.com's Social Enterprise Platform. Whether you are building employee facing apps with Force.com, or customer facing apps with Heroku, Database.com is the cloud database that makes it easy to securely share data across multiple channels, build collaboration into every app, and connect employees and customers everywhere with mobile applications.

You can make use of Bulk API for importing/exported large amounts of data.

For more detail follow the below link

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_asynch/index.htm

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

JonWuJonWu

Let's say I have a Force.com setup already but want to store additional data in a Database.com account. From my Force.com application, how can I access the data in Database.com? Is there any way to natively access the data from the separate account from Apex and / or VisualForce using native SOQL? Or, is the only way to use the REST or SOAP APIs from Force.com to access my Database.com account?

At first glance, this makes no sense - why would I split data out? The reason is that additional storage on Force.com is prohibitively expensive even though it's stored on the same backend.