function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Clicks_not_CodeClicks_not_Code 

Problem with Uninstalling a Managed Package with APEX Code linked to an Email Service

I installed a managed package with an APEX class that is now linked to an Email Service.  I am now trying to uninstall the managed package.  The package will not uninstall while this Email Service references a component of the managed package. However, the platform does not allow you to delete an Email service, only deactivate the service.

I attempted to associate an APEX class to the service that is not part of the managed package. However, the platform is intelligent enough to know that the APEX Class was not one that was implementing the email handler in the code.

The only way that I think that I can uninstall the package would be to now create a Sandbox org, write an APEX Class that uses the Email Handler, write a Test Case, and progress the component through a change set and use a new APEX class as a replacement in the Email Service. This new Class would not be part of the managed package. Thus, I could then uninstall the package.

Any better ideas?