function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ScriptMonkeyScriptMonkey 

Development Org hiding Managed code

I've been developing on salesforce for several years now and have come across the problem of writing code, testing then packaging it, and having it give an odd error when installed on a different org.  This is always frustrating because in the dev org the error says the line number, etc, but on the other org with the package installed, it just says error, and the debug logs cannot get into the managed code to show details.  I always undestood this as par for the course, and use the notification emails and such, and resolve issues that way.

Now I'm getting the same ambiguous error on my development org!  my log files say "entering Managed Pkg" rather than showing me what's going on, debugs are not shown, and the like.  There are no packages of any kind installed on my dev org, the only package that exists is the one I'm making there (and it's not installed there, that wouldn't make sense).

How can I debug or develop when salesforce hides my own code from me.  The package is managed, but that shouldn't matter where you're writing the code.  This used to be fine, was this a recent bug, or is it a new method that salesforce is implementing?