function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bob17bob17 

Bug with SeeAllData annotation in ver 24?

I am getting a null pointer exception when attempting to reference the Who.Type value on a Task when I set the SeeAllData annotation on my test class to “false”.  The field is included in the column list of a Task query and while the WhoId has a value, the Who.Type field is null.  Change it to “true” and the Who.Type field returned in the query has a value.  Here are two log segments showing the result:

@isTest(SeeAllData=false)

SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[62]|Aggregations:0|select Id, WhoId, Who.Type, WhatId, What.Type from Task where Id IN :tmpVar1

SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[62]|Rows:1

USER_DEBUG|[79]|DEBUG|======>WhoId: 00Q8000000tGECZEA4

USER_DEBUG|[80]|DEBUG|======>Who.Type: null

@isTest(SeeAllData=true)

SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[62]|Aggregations:0|select Id, WhoId, Who.Type, WhatId, What.Type from Task where Id IN :tmpVar1

SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[62]|Rows:1

USER_DEBUG|[79]|DEBUG|======>WhoId: 00Q8000000tGE2uEAG

USER_DEBUG|[80]|DEBUG|======>Who.Type: Lead

I can’t see any reason that the polymorphic ID’s type would not be returned simply because the test class is configured not to see existing data other than this being a bug.  Am I missing something?  Anyone else seen anything like this?

bob17bob17

I discovered that if you chnage the version number of the test class from 24 to 23, the problem goes away.  Still seems like a bug but at least there is a work around if you need SeeAllData=false AND you don't need anything specific to version 24.