function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sri43sri43 

How to send data from salesforce to external system via FTP server

Hi All,

I created a batch class, which will generate the .xls file(of data related to Accounts).

I need to send the attachement/file directly to FTP server link (not from my desktop/local path, directly how can i link, from batch class to FTP) .

Is it possible directly sending sending file to FTP server link,

FYI,

step1: i configured the one of FTP server.

( FTP server is using as shared location, from where any external user can access the shared file)

step2: The generated .xls file from batch class, saving at my local pc.

step3: The file and FTP server is in one pc, so i can browse easly to share, the FTP server. but

issue is: As an external user can have FTP server but  how he can access my file ( he does not have access to my pc).

How can i send generated .xls file ( which was generated from salesforce batch class) directly to FTP server link, inorder to access external user/system.

Thanks in advance.

cheers,

sri

AmitSahuAmitSahu

One suggestion :

As you are downloading the xls file to local PC, configure another batch command to put the file on FTP URL. You can run the batch on your PC after the Schedule class execution time.

sri14sri14

Thanks for the reply.

The requirement is bit changed:

1) Previously i was downloading manually .xls file, which was generated from batch class, but now without manual interaction, directly can we get .xls file at local pc, from salesforce batch class.

2) IF one object data means i can get using DataLoader, but Parent and it's child data i am retriving thru batch class as .xls attachment  and one more restrication is: I am using 'custom setting' for data selection, like client(end user) can choose any one of radiobutton, as Region(radiobutton) or FullData (radiobutton) or DeltaData(with in a day updated rows), based on these selection data should come as .xls directly at local pc.