function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thinhtvuthinhtvu 

Can I customize what clicking on a new account does for different profiles/groups/roles?

I have a wizard that i want to only enable when my sales team clicks on "New" in the Accounts tab, but I'm not quite sure if Salesforce can do that. I've been looking for a setting to help me enable that action, but can't find it. 

Also, if it's not possible, how would I be able to accomplish the same action with a Salesforce trigger or Apex class? Or perhaps even instead of triggering the wizard on click of the "New" button, how could I be able to add a custom button to the new accounts entry page?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can add the custom button on account view and on the button click you can open your wizard.

For creating a custom button follow the below steps:

1.            Setup->customize->accounts-> Buttons and Links->click on New button

2.            Enter the label and name of button

3.            Select List Button Radio option

4.            Select the behaviour and enter the action what you want to perform in blank area

5.            Click on save the button

After creating the button add the button on list view of account

1.            Setup->customize->accounts-> Search Layouts-click on Edit link present in front of Accounts List View.

2.            Move your custom button from Available Buttons list to Available Buttons

3.            Click on save button

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can add the custom button on account view and on the button click you can open your wizard.

For creating a custom button follow the below steps:

1.            Setup->customize->accounts-> Buttons and Links->click on New button

2.            Enter the label and name of button

3.            Select List Button Radio option

4.            Select the behaviour and enter the action what you want to perform in blank area

5.            Click on save the button

After creating the button add the button on list view of account

1.            Setup->customize->accounts-> Search Layouts-click on Edit link present in front of Accounts List View.

2.            Move your custom button from Available Buttons list to Available Buttons

3.            Click on save button

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
thinhtvuthinhtvu

While that does add the button to account views, it doesn't allow me to add it to the "Recent Accounts" panel when you first click on the "Accounts" tab. Is there perhaps a way for me to make it so that when you first click on that tab, a certain view is shown instead of the default, or even allow the button to show up only for certain user groups?