function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
soni rajputsoni rajput 

Problem in Standard Page Layout

Hi,

I am embediing a visual force page on standard detail page of account and this visual force snippt is only showing one field of account. I want that this embedded account field should come in edit layout also. please help me how to do this?

Thanks,

Soni

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Visualforce can't be embedded into edit pages.  The solution to this is to write your own edit page entirely in VF.

soni rajputsoni rajput

Hi Bob

My requirement is to show only field in edit layout not visual force snippt and field is not present in detail page layout.

Thanks,

Soni

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you clarify what you are trying to do - is this a field on the account that won't display, a field from a related object? 

soni rajputsoni rajput

Hi Bob,

I have created a visual force page snippt which is displaying only one field of Account and i have removed this field from page layout and embedded this Visual force snippt. Now i want that when i click on edit button this field should come in edit layout.

Thanks,

Soni

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Ah, I think I understand.  So you want a field to appear in the edit page but not in the detail page.  Creating your own visualforce edit page would certainly allow you to do this, but you may also be able to adapt Teh_Nrd's hiding buttons solution to hide the field on the detail page:

http://www.tehnrd.com/show-and-hide-buttons-on-page-layouts/