function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SalesForceGirlSalesForceGirl 

Name prefix field on Contact

In the Contact edit there is a name prefix that allows you to select Mr. Mrs, Dr etc, but I find no reference to this field, and on the edit it appears to be apart of the FirstName field, however when you do and apex:inputfield with firstname it only shows an input box for the actual first name, not to mention that there is no way to save to this 'field' so if I wanted to make a custom contact create, it wont allow me to show/populate it on the record... Which leads me to think that I would need to make a custom field, but that isn't the answer. This field should be accessible via the API. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

Have you tried the "Salutation" field?

-Andy

All Answers

Have you tried the "Salutation" field?

-Andy

This was selected as the best answer
Sforce.NinjaSforce.Ninja

Did you check this field? 'Salutation' I just looked in workbench and this field looks like the one u r looking for.

Thanks! thats it! lol you would think it would be named something a bit more prefix like lol

If it all made sense, where would be the fun in that?  =)

do you happen to know if its possible to affect the standard lookup window that pops up on lookup fields? I was hoping to alter it to include a create page if the sobject(contat) isnt found?

Jeff Douglas wrote up an article from the opposite perspective of what you're looking to roll - read it and see if it helps:

http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2011/08/12/roll-your-own-salesforce-lookup-popup-window/

-Andy