function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vishalavishala 

Questions on CLI data loader

Hi All,

I have an interface requirement with external system, and trying to achieve using CLI and FTP server, meanwhile I have few questions on them, please clear them if you know

1. what is the difference between CLI and CLIQ

2. Can we schedule CLIQ like CLI

3. Is there any feature available to recieve an email notification if the data load fails for some reason.

4. Do we have any reference to configure CLI and run it in windows7 by following those steps.

Thanks

Vishala.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

CLIQ is an open source by one of the salesforce.com architect...so u never get a direct support from salesforce if you got any issues..

CLI is the process to anutomate the process of your load..

ya u can schedule the CLIQ also but not through an interface .. u will write some code for that...

there is no direct native feature even in both CLIQ and CLI..but u will get the erros csvs based on your settings

you can some reference abt CLI  from here

vishalavishala

Thanks for the responce, is there any way to send an email automatically, may be checking the size of error .csv file to intimate a user.

since it is a daily job user may not check it in the server by logging in.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

i dont think so that u can report the errors via email....as we are using the CLI process batch  will work one after another where u don't have info about one in two...if you use external integration tools like castiron or jitterbit so on,,u can implement the same...