function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DJAISHDJAISH 

Deployed code won't deactivate/change

I hope I'm missing a fundamental salesforce coding knowledge. 

After putting together my code and testClass and deploying (with 100% coverage), I realized it didn't quite do what I wanted it to do, so I tweaked it in sandbox. got it to work and then deployed. went along my way until the client came back and told me that it was still using the old functionality. I looked and saw that the update failed. 

I tried

- deactivating the trigger and class

- deactivating each individually

- making whitespace changes

- from eclipse

- from sandbox

All of which fail. 

The error codes states: The Apex job named "Merge Job" is already scheduled for execution.

It points to another trigger that it claims is having the issue. However if the code is validated and deployed, how come I can't make whitespace changes?

Thanks anyone that can help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AmitSahuAmitSahu

Look in the Scheduled Job queue. Someone might have used this class for the schedule on the production. You need to delete the schedule and deploy the changes again. Then you can put the schedule back.

All Answers

AmitSahuAmitSahu

Look in the Scheduled Job queue. Someone might have used this class for the schedule on the production. You need to delete the schedule and deploy the changes again. Then you can put the schedule back.

This was selected as the best answer
DJAISHDJAISH

Every so often these little salesforce surprises kill my workday like a function with a letter in the wrong case on the first day of programming class.

Thank you very much.