function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
othmanothman 

store history data of SF Fields objects

Hello,

I'm writing an intergration application where SF communicates with an external system.

I need to track some SF Fields data that are sent to the external system. I thought to create a SF Custom field Object called 'DataStore' where i save data for Objects that are linked to other system (like ids of contacts , ids of opportunitys , id list of opportunity products ect..)

do you have Ideas how i can achive this? does a custom Object field support List<String> to strore ids of my data sent to other system?

In fact i need your Ideas on best solution to synchronize SF with the external system. is it good idea to keep a List of ids of the SF objects that are exchanged with the external system? is there in Force.com some mechanism to keep a history of Objects exchanged with some external system?

Thanks.

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

A better way to achieve this integration is to create a custom object called "Integration History" with relevant fields, and then create a new record of this object everytime you send data to the external system.

- Anup

othmanothman

successforce wrote:

A better way to achieve this integration is to create a custom object called "Integration History" with relevant fields, and then create a new record of this object everytime you send data to the external system.

- Anup

Thank you for prompt response.

can i have fields like List<String> in this Custom Object? does custom Objects support the List<> datatype? this is b/c i'll need to store data related to many SF Objects like Contacts, Opportunity and others.

thanks

othmanothman

Sorry I have another question (probably not related to the title of this thread).

Do you know how i can get the List of Products related to a given opportunity?

I found in another thread that i need a FQL command like this one:

SELECT Id,OpportunityId,PricebookEntryId,UnitPrice,Quantity,Discount,Description FROM OpportunityLineItem WHERE OpportunityId = :opportunity.id

But my question : does this query returns a List<OpportunityLineItem> ? or does it return a single OpportunityLineItem object?

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav

Hi Othman,

That is whole point of this new design. You don't need this field which is btw not possible. You can store each data as a record in this table. Does that make sense?

- Anup

othmanothman

successforce wrote:

Hi Othman,

That is whole point of this new design. You don't need this field which is btw not possible. You can store each data as a record in this table. Does that make sense?

- Anup

Yes i understand your point we only use a field String contactid and this field will be part of mayb records each with a String contactId. right?

what about my question about the returned OpportunityLineItem is it a List or simply an Object?

othmanothman

I also Noticed that Testing from force.com IDE is not aware of the real data that exists in my Developer Edition org. for example if i query for an Opportunity by name that i know it exists in my Developer org account the test method from IDE returns 0 rows.

So the unit tests inside Force.com IDE are not aware of the real data present in the SF Server? It seems strange for me if this is the case as how can we then make usefull tests ?