function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deepakMdeepakM 

Lockdown the opportunity when the stage is completed

Hi everyone,

I have one sys admin login and other is enduser login.suppose if sysadmin changes the opportunity stage to "completed" thn the enduser unable to change the stage, that i did using validation rule but i need that if the opportunity stage is "completed" the enduser unable to edit the opportunity data mean other fields too. i did it using the validatin rule that is stage is completed and user is not other thn sys admin thn we can not edit the opportunity ,as opp consist of various related list(many obj related to opp) so i did again  same for these objects also.

i need to knw is there any other way too handle this thing in salesforce. so if the opp stage is completed then the enduser unable to change the opp data as well as its related list too.

Thanks

deepakMdeepakM

Also i need onee thing that if opp stage is completed thn user cannot create new related list also.

PrakashbPrakashb

You can write a validation rule on each of your related list objects, since they have a lookup to Opportunity, you can get the Opportunity Stage and the check the current user and add an error.

deepakMdeepakM

yh i did that but is there any other way to do that?