function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Globe Salesforce AdminGlobe Salesforce Admin 

Copying Fields from one custom object to another

Hi,

I just installed the Force.com IDE after watching 'A guide to the force.com IDE for non-developers'...i was anxious to get started after watching the video. It Installed easily and I started with a preliimnary test by copying a field from one object to another in our Sandbox.  I used the 'view in salesforce web' tool to see if my field had copied and it did! I was very excited to start copying fields in our production environement.

For some reason, the fields I copy do not appear on the object when i 'view in salesforce web'. Am i doing sometyhing wrong? Is it enough to just save after copying and pasting the field? Or do i have to save to server? or synch?

Thanks for your help.

Jennifer

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Once you have copied the fields into the production object, do you see any errors in the Force.com IDE (red icons on the right hand side or in the problems view?

All Answers

@anilbathula@@anilbathula@

Hi Jennifer,

When ever u copy a field from one custom object to another that will automatically save the filed.

You can see that fields in the object custom fields list.

just see the field level visibility for that field.

And make that field available in the page layout by editing  the layout.

Thanks

Anil.B

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Once you have copied the fields into the production object, do you see any errors in the Force.com IDE (red icons on the right hand side or in the problems view?

This was selected as the best answer
Globe Salesforce AdminGlobe Salesforce Admin
Hi, Yes, I do have errors (I did not get these in the sandbox though) See below, I copied field 'BI_200-required_info1__c' from BA_Task__c.object to Globe_Service_Requests object. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? [cid:image001.jpg@01CD7EB8.C91CEA10] jennifer hickey project manager Globe Electric Company Inc. 150 Oneida, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H9R 1A8 t: 514.694.0444 ext.126 f: 514.694.0894 www.globe-electric.com
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The image didn't make it through I'm afraid.