function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deepakMdeepakM 

Need information regarding the sandbox.

HI every one

Few time ago i came to know about the sandbox.As what we do now just code in eclipse and push the data in production which creates very difficulty for us.as when in know about the sanbox that we can code in sandbox check the code ,test the code then deploy it in production , for that i created the sandbox account in salesforce which is i think is free but we need to access full functionality of the sandbox ,how can we do that .

please give me some sort of information so that i help me to get rid of the difficulty that comes during coding and developing.

thanks

jungleeejungleee

Hi

It is always a best practise to not code/ make any changes in the PROD directly. Before making any changes always complete testing has to be done in a sandbox and then the changes should be deployed using either change sets or eclipse IDE to PROD. Based on the edition of your PROD, salesforce assigns sandbox to that org. Again there are different types of Sandboxes which are available Configuration-only, Full Copy and Developer sandboxes.

After creating a sandbox from PROD you should login to the sandbox using the link https://test.salesforce.com. Append .sandbox_name to the PROD username and the password will the same as that of your PROD. You will be able to find more info on the below link:

http://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/data_sandbox_create.htm

Regards

Sam

maja madi

deepakMdeepakM

thanks dear

some things to clear.

1. how we can migrate the sandbox code to production and suppose i have changed one class in sandbox and need to migrate that class tp production .is it feasible or i have to migrate the whole project.

2. As i created the sandbox and i got developer access but when i used it, i came to know that i unable to access the related list so that i need other like full access there. mean all object everything that i have in production i need in sandbox for that which access i must have.

thanks

jungleeejungleee

Hi Deepak,

If you have made changes in only one class in sandbox then you can deploy only that class to PROD. There's no need to deploy the entire project. Changes to class means there will be some change in the code coverage as well. So you will have to make necessary changes in the test class and deploy that as well.

I am not sure as to why you're unable to view the related list. But when you create a sandbox of type 'Developer' , you would usually get all the same feature as that is there in PROD except for the data.

Regards

Sam

maja madi

deepakMdeepakM

i login in this site with sandbox login

https://cs9.salesforce.com/

But when i click on the related list in the opportunity view  to create new list thn it throws me to the login page with this message

"You have attempted to access a page that requires a salesforce.com login. If you are already a user of the system, please login below."

thats why i little bit confused for developer access or may be some permission issue will be thr.

thanks

Starz26Starz26

As stated eairlier you need to goto https://test.salesforce.com and login from that url

deepakMdeepakM

i got the sol. now.but please give me some idea regarding how we deploy the sandbox code to production.as i came to know about change set i dont know how it works ,secondly hear about eclipse also used for it ,as i am using eclipse for the production and also for sandbox project.but not aware how to deploy the sandbox code to production using Eclipse.

thanks 

jungleeejungleee

Hi

As you said you're familiar with Eclipse, here's how you can deploy using eclipse:

Before making any changes in PROD, its always better to take a back-up of PROD.

Firstly create a new project in eclipse, use the sandbox credentials to create the project. This project will have all the latest classes that you have coded in sandbox. Now lets say you have created a new class newClass in sandbox and want to move it to PROD. You have make to sure that you have created a test class lets say newTestClass so thta you have a minimum 75% code coverage.

Select only the newClass and newTestClass, rigth click, select deploy to Server, provide your PROD credentials, click next, click validate deployment and then you should be able to deploy your code..

Regards

Sam

maja madi