function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mgodseymgodsey 

Possible to write trigger to re-establish product opportunity revenue schedule?

Can anyone point me in the direction of any triggers that are used to automatically re-establish revenue schedules (for example, if the Opp Close Date changes). Is this even possible?

Thank you so much for the help!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

It should be, as far as I'm aware. The OpportunityLineItemSchedule entity (which stores the data you seek) is available for query and update/insert.

jpbenjpben

Did you ever find a solution to write a trigger to re-establish product opportunity revenue schedule?  I have similar request with our users and I can't find any sample codes here to does this. 

mgodseymgodsey

The way I went about it was deleting the current revenue schedule and then inserting a new one based on the updated information. This post helped me with inserting the new schedule: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Revenue-Schedule-Trigger/m-p/306377/highlight/true#M54073

Kevin LovellKevin Lovell
Hello mgodsey, I know this is an old post, but I have came across this same issue of trying to re-establish a revenue schedule when the information has been updated.  Did you every find a way to do this?  If so, do you have the trigger code that you used to accomplish this task?