function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
phbaphba 

Reply-to email addresses in Case Management

Hi,

I have for a long time now struggled with finding a solution to a better way of working with cases when it comes to the notications that are sent out upon case related update vs. what the reply to address gets.

So far with the support I have only been able to get confirmed my initial conclusions when submitting a support ticket - and that is that the system works as designed. The problem for me is that "as designed" in my use case scenario isn't really good as the behavior is not logic from an end user perpesctive.

I don't know if this is the right place to raise the questions, but I would appreciate I you could point me to the right direction of how I could get things working according to my requirements (which I consider should be the common behavior of the system)

My use case:

- We are using the self-service portal where customers can create new support cases

- We are using the feature Email - to -Case to capture support cases over email

- In our communication templates we have added the case reference in the subject line in order to be able to capture all email communication directly in the case in Salesforce.

Our goal.

- All emails that are send from the system to customers in terms of notifying new cases, case comments, case status updates etcetera should all be sen in a way where if the customer replies to the email, the email should be sent to our generic email address condigured in Email to case, which means that all emails that are returned get back to the system.

PROBLEM

We have 2 use case scenarios.

1= If the case originates from a self-service portal user, the customer logs the case in the self-service portal

2 = If the case originates from an email that is sent to the email adress with Email-to-case functionality and the sender is a non self-service portal user

Below you see some steps to replicate my 2 scenarios, and their results

Case 1

1a)

• Login to the e-serive portal as a "customer" user
  • Log a new case
  • The notification to the customer is sent from [no-reply@salesforce.com; for; Generic Support support@domain.com]
  • Reply to address is : support@domain.com

1b)

• Login to the SF instance and go to the case
  • Add a case comment and make sure you have checked “Public” and “Send Customer Notification” check boxes

1c)

• Edit the case and change case status
  • Make sure you have marked the checkbox “Send notification email to contact” before saving
  • Save
  • The notification to the customer is if I am the support rep sent from [no-reply@salesforce.com; for; Firstname Lastname firstname.lastname@domain.com]
  • Reply to address is: firstname.lastname@domain.com (or the address of the support rep adding the comment)

1d)

• Close the case, by clicking close case button
  • Change status to close and mark the checkbox “Notify contact on case close”
  • Save

Case 2

2a)

• Send an email to support@domain.com. NOTE that you should send the email from an address different than the one used for the self-service user. The email address cannot be a self service user

2b)

• Update the case with information about Account Name, and Contact Name. For Contact create a new contact with the email address that was used for submitting the case.
  • Add a case comment and make sure you have checked “Public” and “Send Customer Notification” check boxes

2c)

• Edit the case and change case status
  • Make sure you have marked the checkbox “Send notification email to contact” before saving
  • Save

2d)

• Close the case, by clicking close case button
  • Change status to close and mark the checkbox “Notify contact on case close”
  • Save

RESULT

A mixture of reply-to addresses (support@domain.com, and support reps personal email address). Because of this I can not automatically capture emails after a support rep has sen a case commen eg in case 2b. This does not contribute to efficient working, and my question is if there are any ways of setting the system to have the same reply-to address on all notifications in 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d whic should be my support@domain.com address.

Ankit Gupta@ DeveloperAnkit Gupta@ Developer
Hi,

you can create a Visualforce template in which you can set the reply to address.

When a customer replies your mail you will get the email on reply to email address
Robert Smith 176Robert Smith 176
When you get stuck in such things, and want to know how to get rid of possums (https://www.controlmypest.com/possums.php), check your answer here.