function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcIssfdcIs 

is anyone else exp this IDE issue?

I noticed today that when I create a new project in eclipse I get this error:

Unable to fetch and save Force.com components to project:

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata@JaxAcessorF_fullName cannot be case to com.sun.xml.internal.binf.v2.reflect.Accessor

Anybody else getting this error?

SFAdmin5SFAdmin5

yeah i've been getting that too.  no idea how to resolve this error.  please post a solution here if you find one.  thanks

DarrellDDarrellD

I haven't been in the IDE super recently, but posted here on same error being received a few months ago.  There were a number of others with same issue. The post I put below was some of it but there were others.  Tried all kinds of stuff like uninstall/reinstall, chaning registry entries, etc.  I'm honestly not sure that I did get it resolved on this computer (Win 7 x64) which is why I am largely in Developer Console now.  So far no errors there, though I know its not as robust as the IDE.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/error-message-while-creating-force-com-ide-plugin-for-Eclipse/m-p/408933

SFAdmin5SFAdmin5

yeah i've just been working in the console and ui recently as well.  the only time i go into eclipse is for debugging since it's such a pain in the console.  i don't really want to deal with installing/uninstalling jre  or going from jre 7 to 6 (which i've read has something to do with this ide error), so i will probably procarastinate until forced to do something.  but if there's an easy solution  i'd love to know about that

Andrew GarnerAndrew Garner

I've had this issue too, all the forum posts I found suggest downgrading from Java 7 to 6. It fixed the problem on my machine, as far as I am aware there is no easier fix that I came across when searching.