function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hari.gsHari.gs 

Force.com IDE

Hi,

I have a doubt in using Force.com ide. Can I mension the production url while deploying the code to production. The default url is salesforce.com. When i try to deploy a code it tries to connect to this url with the credentials i provide, but this is not actulay mu url. So the throws an error, Username or password is invalid.

Please help on this.

Thanks and Regards

Hari G S

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

1. when ever u r working on dev or test sandboxes the url should be test.salesforce.com with username and password belongs to respective org.

2. when ever u r working production org the url should be login.salesforce.com with username and password belongs to respective org.

by giving the same in IDE also you will be able to resolve the issue

Hari.gsHari.gs

Is there any way i can change the default url of production in the ide?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Why would you want to do that?  All production logins are to login.salesforce.com.  

Hari.gsHari.gs

Actualy my productin url has been changed. That is why i wanted to change my production url while deploying. Now i got a way to specify my custom urls in the Environment dropdown in the deployment popup, where i can select the other option to speccify my url. but that is also not serving my purpose. It always shows invalid ligin...:(

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you explain more about your production url being changed?  What has it been changed to?

Hari.gsHari.gs
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Ah - so you are using the mydomain feature.    In that case you can pick 'other' for the environment and specify the URL in the text box that appears.

Hari.gsHari.gs

yes bob, i hav tried it in that way also, but it shows invalid login. Is it because of the window authentication for this url.

ie, when i give this url to the browser, a popup comes to give the username and password not an html browser page to give the credentials.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That's how eclipse works - why would a browser page appear?  Do you have single sign-on via SAML implemented or something like that?