function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cbernalcbernal 

SOQL - Quering

Hi,

I have three custom objects: Aspirante__c, Vacante__c and Asignados__c. The Asignados__c object has a master-detail relationship with Aspirante__c and also has a master-detail relatonship with Vacante__c. I want quering from the Asignados__c object the name of Aspirante__c and the name of Vacante__c. I have the next query:

List<txmrecruitment__Aspirante__c> arbolvacs = [Select
   (Select Name From txmrecruitment__Vacante__c.Vacantes_Aspirantes1__r)
   From txmrecruitment__Asignados__c];

I am receiving the error:

Error: Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'txmrecruitment__Vacante__c' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 23 column 51

Thanks for any help!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

That's definitely incorrect. Assuming I understand your statement correctly, your objects are:

Vacante__c <--- Asignados__c ---> Aspirante__c?

Assuming that is correct, you need the following query:

Asignados__c[] arasignados = [select vacante__c,aspirantes__c from asignados__c where vacante__c in :arvacante__c];

In a "many to many relationship" query, the child should be first, and the parents may be referenced from the child. use vacante__r.<fieldname> or aspirantes__r.<fieldname> to get the parent field values.

cbernalcbernal

Thanks for reply.

I solved it with this query

List<txmrecruitment__Asignados__c> arbolvacs = [Select Vacante__r.Id_Vacante__c,Vacante__r.id,Vacante__r.Name,Aspirante__r.id,Aspirante__r.Name From Asignados__c];

I want to group by the name of Vacante with this query:

List<txmrecruitment__Asignados__c> arbolvacs = [Select Vacante__r.Id_Vacante__c,Vacante__r.id,Vacante__r.Name,Aspirante__r.id,Aspirante__r.Name From Asignados__c Group By Vacante__r.Name];

but I receive the next error:

Error: Compile Error: duplicate alias: Id at line 23 column 51

Do you know what is wrong?

h8r41dh8r41d

Try aliasing your fields by specifying a replacement name after the field name in the query.

List<txmrecruitment__Asignados__c> arbolvacs = [Select

Vacante__r.Id_Vacante__c,

Vacante__r.id vacante_id, <-- aliased

Vacante__r.Name,

Aspirante__r.id Aspirante_id,  <-aliased

Aspirante__r.Name

From Asignados__c Group By Vacante__r.Name];

You might need to do the same to the name fields.

Gabriel Alack
Contact Us - We Can Help!
Salesforce Superheroes
------------------------------
help@salesforcesuperheroes.com
www.salesforcesuperheroes.com
1-888-407-9578 x122