function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zhufengjackzhufengjack 

554 Error Email Service

Hi Guys, I hope you can help me, Thanks in advanced. We have developed an email service to create case. And now we meet this issue. many emails from ipad, iphone,blackberry cannot be processed by this email service. The error message like this "The attached message was sent to the Email Service address <XXXXXX_case_email_service@t-189ewmuXXXXX.3ys3eae.9.apex.salesforce.com> but could not be processed because the following error occurred: 554 Error processing email content Error ID=1049777494-4452 (1163548480)". but When I user the context user of this email service to debug, I cannot find any error in debug log. could you tell me how to solve this issue?

Thanks very much!

Jack

MrTheTylerMrTheTyler

Howdy Jack,

I'll take a guess here and say that this error has nothing to do with apex but rather further up stream with the email servers. SMTP error 554 is a vague one so you may have to do some legwork here.

I think you are assuming that this error is on the salesforce side of things when it may truly be on your email server.  I would first check with your IT department and let them review the SMTP error logs.

If they come back and say everything is OK, then I would gut the contents of your email handling apex class and make it do nothing but return successfully.  Then the goal is to try to reproduce the error using your mobile devices.  If you can reproduce the error with a gutted class, then the problems have nothing to do with your code.

Kind Regards,

Tyler Hudson
Contact Us - We Can Help!

Salesforce Superheroes
------------------------------
help@salesforcesuperheroes.com
www.salesforcesuperheroes.com
1-888-407-9578 x123