function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prady-cmprady-cm 

How can i add a formula field into a Opportunity Product Multi-Line Layout

I have a formula field on Opportunity Product which i need to show on the Opportunity product Mulitline Edit page. I cant seem to get the formulafield on the available Fields List.

I understand that we cant see a formula field on edit or new records and hence maybe these fields are not visible. Am i correct ?

Is there any other way we could get it displayed?

I would think VF page is the only option and override the standard page.

If this is the only way then i want to understand how do we capture the selected products from previous seach product screen.?

Any pointers would be of great help

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That's correct - you can't see formula fields when editing as they aren't available for edit, rather they are calculated by the platform when a record is retrieved from the database.

Unfortunately I don't think you can override just this aspect with visualforce - you'd need to override the product selection too.  

All Answers

vriavmvriavm

Hi

You are correct, Formula fields are like virtual fields derived during the run time so u may not be able to add these in standard edit layout or new layout. As you said VF page is an option....

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That's correct - you can't see formula fields when editing as they aren't available for edit, rather they are calculated by the platform when a record is retrieved from the database.

Unfortunately I don't think you can override just this aspect with visualforce - you'd need to override the product selection too.  

This was selected as the best answer