function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TexasWheelingTexasWheeling 

Sending an automated email when a customer responds to a closed case.

My organization has Email-to-Case enabled and we have a process that we would like to create regarding closed cases when the case is generated through email-to-case.

We would like to have an automatic email response sent to a customer whenever they are responding to an email string that is attached to a closed case. In this email we will explain that they are responding to a closed case and that they will need to submit a new request from a new email.

I have attempted to do this through the use of a workflow on the "Email Message" object, however when I chose an action for this workflow I only have the option to choose "New Field Update" or "Select Existing Action". I do not see the "Email Alert" action available. The criteria on this workflow is the follow: (Email Message: Is IncomingequalsTrue) and (Case: Statusequals90 - Completed,91 - Closed - Unresponsive)

I have also attempted to seek help from Salesforce Support, but they informed me that it would require Apex Trgiggers and they were unable to help me with that.

Could someone helpe me out to create the Apex Trigger to accoplish this process?