function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
roysmith601.3493067652527424E1roysmith601.3493067652527424E1 

Trigger Help: custom field in Event on activity object update the opportunity object

Hi,
I am new to salesforce.I have create custom picklist field:"stage" on Event object and requirment is that when user update the event in activity related list on opportuntiy object then the field "Stage" on opportunity object should update on the user selection in event object so whatever option in picklict on stage field in event, it should update the stage field in opportunity object.

For example: if user select stage = Negotiation in event object then opportunity object “stage" will update with Negotiation.

i try to create workflow but it wont help.
Please help me
thanks

PintosPintos

Hi Roy,

I got your problem, but am just wondering looking at your requirement. You want to update the parent field as the child field data.

That you can achieve it writing a trigger. But question is what if you have more than 1 event for that opportunity. which stage you will update to the corresponding Opportunity. If you don have that problem then you can write a after trigger.

roysmith601.3493067652527424E1roysmith601.3493067652527424E1

Thanks for you r response. If i have more then 1 event for Opportunity then what ever the stage user select on event that will translate to opportunity stage.I hope that this will make sense.

could you please help me that how to create trigger like this from scratch as i am new to saelsforce.

please help me

thanks