function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
richard_sarichard_sa 

Cannot Deactivate Validation Rule

Hello,

I have a validation rule that checks to see if a region (custom field) has been specified or not for any given opportunity.

The validation rule generally works fine, but when I try to make an opportunity "close/lost" then it tells me that the record cannot be saved because the region has not been specified. Even if the region field is in fact populated the error message persists.

I have decided to deactivate the validation rule in order to update the opportunity but even with the validation rule deactivated the message persists and I am unable to make my opportunities "closed/lost". I can make then anything else as long as they are still read in the pipeline.

Has anyone ever come across such a bazaar situation?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ABHIKSARKARABHIKSARKAR

Seems like a very wierd problem.  Was wondering if there was any problem with the validation . But as you have mentioned the prob is still there even after deactivating the validation , so below are some of the possibilites .

Possibilites/Workarounds:

i.) Is there any other validation rule with same error message written somewher in apex code ?

ii.) Try deleting the validation completely & then update the oppty. 

All Answers

ABHIKSARKARABHIKSARKAR

Seems like a very wierd problem.  Was wondering if there was any problem with the validation . But as you have mentioned the prob is still there even after deactivating the validation , so below are some of the possibilites .

Possibilites/Workarounds:

i.) Is there any other validation rule with same error message written somewher in apex code ?

ii.) Try deleting the validation completely & then update the oppty. 

This was selected as the best answer
Rahul SharmaRahul Sharma

Yup, There might be possibility of some trigger firing. Check in the debug log or system log for knowing the cause.

richard_sarichard_sa

Hello

Turns out the problem was in fact a duplicate validation rule, one against the opportunity layout and one against the account layout.

I would never have got it without looking through the logs.

Thought it was some kind of miracle process!

Thanks for you inputs!