function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lsateeshklsateeshk 

Unanimous Approval Work Flow from A list Of Approvers

I have a case where i need to select Approvers Dynamically where every one has to Approve the record (Unanimous  )

should not be in Approval Levels .. 

I made a Queue adding Group members selected but this is taken 1 unit for Approval 

How do i acheive this Use case.

How to add users to Approvers in Approval process ...

ABHIKSARKARABHIKSARKAR

Hi 

You can create user lookup fields on the Object you are looking to create the approval process. 

Now , populate the lookup fields with a before insert/update trigger based on your dynamic criteria & use them in the approval process.

In the approval process approver selection page-select Related User from the drop down & you should be able to select the custom user lookup field created in the Object. 

Please let me know if this answers your question. 

lsateeshklsateeshk

That is little confusing .. Let me give you the proper picture of what i am looking at ::

I need an Approval process where i have a team of 10 approvers.. 

and depending on the record submitted i will pick a few among the Ten [say 1 record may need 5 the other may need 6 ... so on changes dynamically according to the record].

I tried the Following ::

I generated a Queue with a unique name and added him to the Queue as member 

user1@domain.com

user2@domain.com 

---

they added to the Queue with user1,user2 as Queue Name ..

When i has added this to the row . This shows unanimous approval for all of them next when i delete the memeber in the Queue when user is not required for other record .. I dont see it in his task and new record is still waiting for Approval from Empty Queue.

i am Looking for a Custom Apex code for Approval  where i can pass the List of Users for Unanimous approval

can you please help me out very urgent require ment .

Is there a way i can have every member in the Queue as required member .. and pass this to the Approval process ..

ABHIKSARKARABHIKSARKAR

If you know the number of scenarios, that you might come across, then it is better to create multiple approval processes with different entry criteria & the corresponding approvers. 

For eg. Approval Process 1: - If you require say 2 approvers for a particular scenario . Put the corresponding scenario as the entry criteria for this particular approval process.

Approval Process 2: - If you require say 3 approvers for a particular scenario . Put the corresponding scenario as the entry criteria for this particular approval process. 

& so on if you have limited number of scenarios . 

Else

you will have to go for a custom approval process in which I am not very sure if there is any option to set Unaminous Approval feature. 

Below link would help you with writing a custom approval process: 

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#CSHID=apex_ProcessWorkitemRequest.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fapex_ProcessWorkitemRequest.htm|SkinName=webhelp

Aditya312Aditya312

Hi 

Adithya Neelam 19Adithya Neelam 19
HI Adithya312,'

I got the same requirement in lightning can you please help with this.

Thank you
Adithya