function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krish4ukrish4u 

How to check lead owner is active or inactive

Hi,

How to check the Lead owner(Ownerid) is active or inactive in workflows. please suggest on this.

Thanks in advance

Krish

ABHIKSARKARABHIKSARKAR

There is no way to determine if the Owner is active/inactive in a workflow. It can be done for the audit fields (Created By, Last Modified By etc..) 

Can you please let me know the exact requirement that you are trying to achieve by this ?

krish4ukrish4u

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. the requirement is if the owner is active then only we need send an email to owner emailid otherwise we dont send the email.

some times lastmodifedby and owner is different.only for this i need to create trigger that is the problem.

Krish

ABHIKSARKARABHIKSARKAR

In that case I think a workflow would solve your problem.

This is already an inbuilt feature of a workflow. If there is any email alert which is supposed to be sent to the Owner & if owner is inactive then the workflow won't send any emails to the inactive owner. 

The email alert action on a wrkflow will only send the email only when the owner is active. 

Please try it out & let me know in case you face any issues. 

krish4ukrish4u

Hi,

Thanks for prompt suggestions. Actually i am creting a new timebased workflow rule to send an email based on no of Business days calculation. for business days caluclation i have created one formula.

But the Time based workflow is not triggering because when ever we insert or edit the record it will fire. in this case user is not modify the record.how to fire the workflow or is there any possibility to check the business days with some conditions and send email using time based workflows.

Krish