function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankit SinghalAnkit Singhal 

Activities related List on Custom Object

I have a custom object named Gecon__c.

Also,my client has enabled custom lookups on tasks .

So i have lookup to Gecon__c on task Object.

Every time a task is created for Account standard Object,task's WhatId is populated to AccountId and that custom lookup is populated as the Gecon__c record.

Now here is my problem:

Every time a task is created for that Account record,it is coming under Activities related list for that Gecon__c record and not under Open Activities related list for that Gecon__c record.

Similarly when a task is completed ,it is not reflecting under the Activity history related list on that Gecon__c record page but is reflecting under Activities related list only.

I think this is happening because there is a custom lookup created for Gecon__c object.

how to get rid of this Activities tab on Gecon__c record page.

plzz help ....

SRKSRK

It may be bcoz of activity date field mydefult it is populated with today day

Ankit SinghalAnkit Singhal

@SRK

no,even if Activity date is in past,the task is not reflecting in Activity History related list.

crop1645crop1645

The reason for this is that the Open Activity and Activity Histry related list are built-in SFDC lists;  The whatId field determines the SObject that the Task appears under in these lists

When you are adding a task to a lookup relationship to Gecon__c, then the task appears as a normal child to Gecon__c under whatever relationship name you used for the gecon__c > Task relationship.  (perhaps you called it 'Actvities')

You could, I suppose, do the following for Gecon__c

1. Disable normal activities

2. Replace the force.com View page with a VF page that had the normal <apex:detail> for gecon__c detail and two custom VF related lists (or data tables) where you selected out open tasks and completed tasks into each VF list.  It would 'look like' the out of the box open activities and activity history related lists but would be done through guile.