function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abhaabha 

Trying to develop login app on developerforce.com

I want to develop login application on developerforce.com. Previously I developed such web project in java using Eclipse IDE. It was validating login request  using username and password stored in MySql database. I used JSP and servlet for this.

I created some web pages using JSP for accepting user's name and password; and for indicating successful or failed login. I created servlet which accepts HTTP request. then I connected my app to Mysql using JDBC. and finally sent HTTP response back, which is displayed on web page.

I want to develop same application on developer force. From where should I start? How to connect visualfroce web pages to db? Whether I have to store each (username . password) as a object? Where to write code for authentication? Can anybody help me with this?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
As Force.com is platform as a service, storage of users is something you don't have to worry about. You'd set up your users on the platform and they would login via the standard UI.
abhaabha

Actually I want to develop client-server app where client can see her details stored in database and can update her details. But she can access this service only through web interface. i.e client won't required to login via salesforce's standard UI. Instead she can use visualforce web page to use this app. How can I connect visualforce web page to database(i.e. objects)? How can I search that client in created objects and can display details on web page?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
abhaabha

Thank you!!