function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dalvarezdalvarez 

Rollup summary from a formula field

Hi I´m new in salesforce and I need to do a rollup summary in a custom object, it should call the value from a formula field of the child object, but when I try to do the sum it does not show the field that I need. Could I create a code or trigger or something to do it manually? Thank you.

Gunners_23Gunners_23

Since formula fields are not available for RollUp its not getting populated. If you're sure enough that its will come only from

formula field then you can go for Trigger

vishal@forcevishal@force

Hi,

Yes, Rollups cannot be done on formula fields on child objects. You'll have to do this using a trigger on the child object.

jd123jd123

Hey no need trigger

you cannot have a roll up summary field on a cross-object formula field, but there is a workaround.

If the fomula only changes when the base record changes (i.e. you don't need it updated both when record A and record B are changed), then instead of having a formula field create a normal field and write a workflow that implements your formula as a field update. This will then give you a field that you can roll up.

dalvarezdalvarez

Hi, so I need to do a trigger but I don´t know how. it will be great if you know any tutorial that I could use to learn how to do it.

Thank you.