function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SA.ax1574SA.ax1574 

Field level security issue.

Hi all,

I have a field like Oppertunity currency(standered field) in Oppertunity object. After created the oppertunity nobody are able to edit the currency field. So how can i change the filed tobe editable to all when update the oppertunity

pls help me out

Jia HuJia Hu
Just click the Name of the Field, and click the button 'Set Field-Level Security' and then you can revise it for each profile.

You can go to the detail page of each profile, update the filed-level security will also work.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can edit the currency of an opportunity as long as there are no opportunity line items present - if you have these, you'll need to delete them first.

SA.ax1574SA.ax1574

Thanks for your response.

The fileld Oppertunity Currency is standered field. I am System Admin, even though i am unable to edit that field.

If i select the 'Set Field level Security' button, i did n't find any options to change the access. I tried second solution aswell.

but not resolved. please guide regarding this issue.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can't change the field level security of that field as far as I am aware.

According to the help, if its on the page and you have no products, you can update the currency:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000005107&language=en_US

SA.ax1574SA.ax1574

Thanks for your response.

Thats exactly right. I need to change the existing functionality. so please guide me what i need to do to resolve the issue.

Because customers everytime wants to change their local currency. what we are doing everytime clone the oppertunity record

and delete the records and change the currency. that is very defficulty to us.

Best Regards,

Mallesh

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That's what you have to do I'm afraid.  You could write some code that does this for them - e.g. a visualforce page where they choose the new currency, and the controller deletes the products, changes the currency and then adds the products back again.

SA.ax1574SA.ax1574

Hi I am new to salesforce development. can you please send me sample code for the above issue if it is possible.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Sorry, I don't have any sample code for this.