function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iJojoiJojo 

Cloning line items from a costum object to another

Hi ,

i'm having a real hard time by trying to clone line items from an Costumobject to another, here is the explanation ; 

This is a Warehouse tool, 

-first object is called "deliveries", with a master-details relationship to "delivered merchandise" that lists all merchandises delivered in the morning by suppliers and stored in the warehouse. ("delivered merchandise" also has a master-detail relationship to the object called "Merchandise")

-second object is almost the opposite "OUT" , with a master-details relationship to "order's detailed items." that lists all merchandises that is going out of the warehouse to one of our departments. ("order's detailed items." also has a master-detail relationship to the object called "Merchandise")

So what i would like to be able to do is the following ; 

when an entire delivery is made and it only concerns one department i would like to be able to get all lines(merchandise and quantity) from my "delivered merchandise" to my "order's detailed items."

i don't know what is the best solution, should i create a button or can i only export and import again…

Could a deep clone work on this?

i hope i made myself clear enough. Obviously i'am not an experienced developer which is why i don't 

Thanks in advance.

Jo