function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssoftwaressoftware 

Accessing a zipped document

Hi All,

I have a zip file with a csv file in it - and is stored as a Document in Salesforce. I understanda that from Apex one can access a regular file using the Document object. However, is it possible to access a csv file stored with in a zipped file? From what I have read on the Board so far, this seems to be not possible.

Thanks in advance. Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Madhav

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You are correct. It is not currently possible to directly access the contents of a zip file in the documents tab. Any solution you might do would be custom, such as: a Java Applet to download, parse, and manipulate the file, a Flash project to do the same, an externally hosted web service that can accept a zip file as input and provide the decompressed data as output, etc. This question is probably outside the scope of a forum topic, so you might well need a consulting service or developer to help you cross this bridge.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You are correct. It is not currently possible to directly access the contents of a zip file in the documents tab. Any solution you might do would be custom, such as: a Java Applet to download, parse, and manipulate the file, a Flash project to do the same, an externally hosted web service that can accept a zip file as input and provide the decompressed data as output, etc. This question is probably outside the scope of a forum topic, so you might well need a consulting service or developer to help you cross this bridge.

This was selected as the best answer
ssoftwaressoftware

Hi sfdcfox,

Thanks for your reply as it confirms I did not overlook any hidden feature or functionality. I appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Madhav