function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FippyFippy 

"List has no rows for assignment to SObject" when using processSelectedFiles

Hello all,

A recent SF update broke some of our legacy custom code for adding attachments to our custom comment system that replaces the vanilla SF one. Here's the error:

List has no rows for assignment to SObject 

Error is in expression '{!processSelectedFiles}' in component <apex:page> in page comment_files

I can't find any reference to processSelectedFiles in our code or on the Developer Force pages, but am assuming this has something to do with manipulating files sent by the browser for attachment?

Any help appreciated, thanks,

Graeme

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

processSelectedFiles sounds like an action method - if it is used in merge syntax - {!processSelectedFiles} - I'd expect to see that as the value of an action attribute on a command button/link etc.    If you can't find anything in your code, could it be from a managed package?  Though I'd still expect to be able to see the visualforce markup in that case, but not the apex controller.

FippyFippy

Exactly, Bob. That's why I was surprised when I couldn't find any associated action. I assumed it was something built into VisualForce itself. I'll take a look at our managed packages. We don't have many.