function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JackieDoanJackieDoan 

Error Message on custom setting- works for admins, not for everyone else?

We have a custom setting that populates values on a page. When I access it, as an admin, things are fine. When any other user tries to access the page, they get the error: sObject type 'CR_Disaster_Recovery_Questions__c' is not supported.

It's a 'List' type setting, with Public access. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Naidu PothiniNaidu Pothini

////  Did you provide read access to the user profile for custom Setting?

I am sorry, i was looking at the wrong objects in my org.

JackieDoanJackieDoan
Where on the profile is this set? I wasn't able to find any profile settings or permissions that looked at Custom Settings.

Thanks!
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar

What is the visibility of custom settings,you should be making it public to provide access to other profiles.You can check the visibility as :-

Setup > Custom Settings > <Your custom settings > > Visibility 

Deshraj KumawatDeshraj Kumawat

Visibility of custom setting plays major role when custom setting is contained in the managed package. If the visibility is set to Protected , subscribing org users can not see and access custom setting. And can not access custom setting in apex, API or using the SOAP. But users from developer organization can access custom setting even if the visibility is protected.

We usually get this error because of the incorrect version of the custom visualforce page. Can you please save your visualforce page with latest version of VF and give it a try. Fingers Crossed !!

It will be helpful to look into this issue if you can share the code.