function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VirijaVirija 

Deploying the Replaced and Newly added custom picklist values

Hi,

I have a custom picklit field called Job Category. I have added three new picklist values and also replaced an old picklist value. How to deploy these changes to production? Can we do this using change sets or should I repeat the same procedure in production environment like the way I did in Sandbox?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar

Virija,

You can do that but please make sure that you are not using the old values some where in the code.I mean to say you will have to check the all the dependencies of old values before doing that.

All Answers

Jeff MayJeff May

You can deploy the new picklist into prod, but it will not update the existing data records.  I usually just add my new picklist values, then choose 'Replace' for the old values and choose the new values they map to as I delete them

VirijaVirija

Do you want me to repeat the actions that I did in Sandbox in Production for picklist values?

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar

Virija,

You can do that but please make sure that you are not using the old values some where in the code.I mean to say you will have to check the all the dependencies of old values before doing that.

This was selected as the best answer