function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
N _RodN _Rod 

records are compared to all set values by trigger when using data loader

Hi,

I am attempting to pull a value from an object called Est__c and place it into an Opportunity field Est_Cap__c.  The value is based on what the user puts into the C__c, N__c, and P__c fields from the Opportunity.  The trigger works fine when updating and adding individual Opportunities but fails when using data loader.  Looking at the debug logs I see that trigger is comparing each record to every set from each record.  For example, Record 1 has N__c = 2 and Record 2 has N__c = 3.  When run through data loader Record 1's N__c field is compared to 2 and 3 (resulting from the list) and fails to update.  Does anyone know anyway to get thoes distinct values (C__c, N__c, and P__c) so Record 1 is only being compared with N__c = 2 rather than N__c = 2, 3?  I am trying to maintain best practices but keeping the list out of the loop.  My code is below:

trigger

OpportunityEstCap onOpportunity (beforeinsert, beforeupdate)

{

set<String> setISO = newset<String>();

set<Decimal> setMonth = newset<Decimal>();

set<String> setType = newset<String>();

Integer j = 0;

for (Opportunity oOpp : Trigger.new)

{

setISO.add(oOpp.C__c);

setMonth.add(oOpp.N__c);

setType.add(oOpp.P__c);

}

List <Est__c> listEst = [

SELECTID, C__c, Pr__c, Months__c, Cap__c

FROMEstimated_Capital_Adder__cWHERE C__c IN:setISO

AND Months__c IN:setMonth

AND Pr__c IN:setType];

system.debug('listEst: '+listEst);

system.debug('listEst.size(): '+listEst.size());

if ((Trigger.new[j].StageName != 'Terminated' && Trigger.new[j].StageName != 'Closed Won' && Trigger.new[j].StageName != 'Closed Lost') && Trigger.new[j].Comm__c == 'Test')

{

for (Integer i = 0; i <Trigger.new.size(); i++)

{

if(listEst.size() > 0)

{

for(Est__c oEst : listEst)

{

// set new Est_Cap__cif (Trigger.new[i].C__c == oEst.C__c && Trigger.new[i].N__c == oEst.Months__c && Trigger.new[i].P__c == oEst.Pr__c)

{

Trigger.

new[i].Est_Cap__c = oEst.Cap__c;

}

//if (Trigger.new[i].C__c == oEst.C__c && Trigger.new[i].N__c == oEst.Months__c && Trigger.new[i].P__c == oEst.Pr__c)system.debug('Trigger.new[i].id: '+Trigger.new[i].id);

system.debug('Trigger.new[i].C__c: '+Trigger.new[i].C__c);

system.debug('oEst.C__c: '+oEst.C__c);

system.debug('Trigger.new[i].N__c: '+Trigger.new[i].N__c);

system.debug('oEst.Months__c: '+oEst.Months__c);

system.debug('Trigger.new[i].P__c: '+Trigger.new[i].P__c);

system.debug('oEst.Pr__c: '+oEst.Pr__c);

if (Trigger.new[i].C__c != oEst.C__c || Trigger.new[i].N__c != oEst.Months__c || Trigger.new[i].P__c != oEst.Pr__c)

{

Trigger.

new[i].Est_Cap__c.adderror('Combonation of ' + Trigger.new[i].C__c + ', '+ Trigger.new[i].N__c+', and ' + Trigger.new[i].P__c + ' is not supported. Please contact your administrator.');

}

//if (Trigger.new[i].C__c != oEst.C__c && Trigger.new[i].N__c != oEst.Months__c && Trigger.new[i].P__c != oEst.Pr__c)

}

//for (Estimated_Cap__c oEst : listEst)

}

//if (listEst.size() > 0)else

{

trigger.new[i].Est_Cap__c.adderror('Combonation of ' + Trigger.new[i].C__c + ', '+ Trigger.new[i].N__c+', and ' + Trigger.new[i].P__c + ' is not supported. Please contact your administrator.');

}

//else

}

//for (Integer i = 0; i <Trigger.new.size(); i++)

}

//if (oOpp.StageName != 'Terminated' && oOpp.StageName != 'Closed Won' && oOpp.StageName != 'Closed Lost' && oOpp.Comm__c == 'Test')

}

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar

Try using Map in your code in place of Set.Please go through the below link to know more :-

http://blogs.developerforce.com/developer-relations/2011/04/apex-tip-using-maps-to-reduce-soql-calls.html

N _RodN _Rod

I am pretty new to apex and can't seem to get the maps working.  Do you have anything else I could look at?