function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amn12345Amn12345 

Why there is need to deactivate Trigger while Data migration??

I have a question, Why do we need to disable Triggers at the time of Data migtation? And if we have to do this then what abt Data which never gets updated. 

I am not sure how to overcome this situation. Other way round is to update field already in csv file. But that cannot be handle for large number of records.

If anyone faced the same problem please provide your solution.

Thanks.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
You don't have to deactivate triggers, but if you are loading a large amount of data and you have a number of triggers, your data load is likely to be slow and may breach governor limits. Thus the advice is to disable triggers and process all the records via a batch job once the migration is complete.
Mario01Mario01

Thanks Bob.

We are coming across issues where triggers are not executing at the time of data migration. So I thought data migration overrides the execution of triggers. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

If you are using the data import wizard you can choose not to apply workflow, but aside from that I'd expect all of the automated actions to fire.  

ngabraningabrani

You will need to look at all the triggers and evaluate which ones should be deactivated (if any) as you import the data. At times processing done by triggers is required when data is being imported, and at times they need to be deactivated. It all dependes on what processing the triggers are doing, and what kind of data we are importing.