function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tcsellstcsells 

Corrupted Code Files???

I have a series of dependent classes that seem to have "locked" me out.  I cannot edit and save or even delete them  I have tried to do so from the Developer Console, the SF Interface and from the Eclipse SDK.  When I try to save the class I get this error:

UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW: Failed to create createContainerMember for containerId=1dcZ0000000CaWl: unable to obtain exclusive access to this record

When I try to delete the entire class I get a similar error.  When I try to delete the class from the SF interface I get the following:

Record Currently Unavailable
The record you are attempting to edit, or one of its related records, is currently being modified by another user. Please try again.

I would just start over with renamed classes, except one of the object that needs to be deleted is a trigger.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Todd

Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik
Are you dealing with a large code base? It sounds like you have a compile or save in progress. In the Developer Console, can you click on the Progress Panel and see if there are any unfinished container deployments? If so, can you cancel all deployments, close all views, then wait a few seconds and refresh the developer console.

If you are dealing with large code base, it is possible that canceling the deployment may take a while.

If that doesn't work, you should file a ticket with support.