function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LA_193LA_193 

How to restrict Pricebook selection based on opportunity picklist of country

Hi

we have a  requirement of

How to restrict  Pricebook selection based on  opportunity  picklist of country.

Decp:When we  Select a picklist value as India in opportunity, we have to access india price book only.

How to achieve this requirment ? 

Thanks in Advance 

SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner

I hope, its not possible in standard salesforce.

KarthikThotaSFDCKarthikThotaSFDC

Is there any chance to restrict, using Apex classes ? 

We have "Country" picklist in Opportunity. We have multiple PriceBooks.

If we select India as Country in Opportunity, then we have to get India Price Book will adding the products on that opportunity. Again we have multiple price books on name India i.e India - East, India - West, India - North, India - South.

So if we select India as country in opportunity, we have to get those "India - East, India - West, India - North, India - South" price books only.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance,

Karthik Thota.

AmitabhleoAmitabhleo
Hi,

For all those who have still not been able to resolve this. Here are the few steps to Sharing Pricebooks across different users.
  • Go to Security Controls -> Sharing Settings -> Price Book (change to No Access)
  • Create Public Groups -> for Users with differnt Price Book Access (could be country wise)
  • Go to Products Tab ->Manage Price Books -> Select Price book -> Click on Sharing -> Add the Group and  the type of Access (View / Use).

Hope this solves.

After Summer 14, Price Book has been promoted to a Salesforce Object so any new Fields, Record Types, Page Layouts can be created.

regards,
​Amitabh
Alex Garcia 8Alex Garcia 8
Hello,

I'm running into the same issue as well but I need to restrict access based on the opportunity record type. Is there a way to limit visbility using APEX to look at the parent record type?