function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
randombardrandombard 

Join Lists to produce a new one

Hi All,

So here is what I am trying to do..

I want to create a list of all opportunity line items that are in next years price book keep the salesprice from the previose year and add them to a new opportunity.

creating the opp shouldnt be a problem but I am having trouble getting my head arround bilding the list of products to add to the new opp, I have as follows.

trigger RenewOp on Opportunity (before update) {
for(opportunity o: trigger.new){
IF(o.iswon==true && o.Renew_With_what_year_pricebook__c !=null){
       String opptyId = o.Id;
       String PBName = o.Renew_With_what_year_pricebook__c + ' ' + o.PricebookName__c.abbreviate(0,5);      
List<OpportunityLineItem> OLI = [Select UnitPrice, Quantity, ServiceDate, PricebookEntry.Product2Id, PricebookEntry.Product2.Name, Description, Converted_to_Asset__c
From OpportunityLineItem 
where OpportunityId = :opptyId];
List <PricebookEntry> PBE =[Select ID, Product2Id, PricebookEntry.Pricebook2.Name 
FROM PricebookEntry 
Where PricebookEntry.Pricebook2.Name =:PBName and Product2Id in :OLI.PricebookEntry.Product2Id];
}
}
}

but get the following error:

Error: Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: LIST<OpportunityLineItem> at line 11 column 66

Any pointers greatfully apreciate.

R

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar

My Bad,I did not see the IN operator,try below code :-

List <PricebookEntry> PBE =[Select ID, Product2Id, PricebookEntry.Pricebook2.Name
FROM PricebookEntry
Where PricebookEntry.Pricebook2.Name =:PBName and Product2Id = :OLI[0].PricebookEntry.Product2Id];

All Answers

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar

Change your code from 

FROM PricebookEntry
Where PricebookEntry.Pricebook2.Name =:PBName and Product2Id in :OLI.PricebookEntry.Product2Id];

to 

FROM PricebookEntry
Where PricebookEntry.Pricebook2.Name =:PBName and Product2Id in :OLI[0].PricebookEntry.Product2Id];

randombardrandombard

Hi Vinit_Kumar,

I now get

Error: Compile Error: IN operator must be used with an iterable expression at line 11 column 73

Thanks

R

Vinit_KumarVinit_Kumar

My Bad,I did not see the IN operator,try below code :-

FROM PricebookEntry
Where PricebookEntry.Pricebook2.Name =:PBName and Product2Id = :OLI[0].PricebookEntry.Product2Id];

This was selected as the best answer