function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinny12Vinny12 

Dupe Catcher ?

Hello,

Can you please explain what dupe catcher is? What are the uses ? Please give me a scenario

Can we upload a batch of loads and still make the dupe catcher working?

Help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SchemeWalkerSchemeWalker

DupeCatcher is awesome. I use it for ALL my rollouts. For batch loads I would suggest Cloudingo. It's a paid tool by the same company that makes DupeCatcher. They both use "filters" to show you what records are duplicates based on certain fields. DupeCatcher blocks the duplicate record from being entered and allows you to merge the records. Cloudingo lets you power through the whole system and dedupe it all at once or on a schedule. Either way you slice it, both tools are great salesforce data cleansing products to have in your toolbox.

All Answers

sanjaypatidar118sanjaypatidar118

Dupe Catcher or De-Dupe is used to prevent duplicate entries in the system.  this would require to set parameters (Field) for the preventing the duplicates. Once set on the parameters you can use the implement the same using apex. For the second part, de-dup can work in bulk load as well.

SchemeWalkerSchemeWalker

DupeCatcher is awesome. I use it for ALL my rollouts. For batch loads I would suggest Cloudingo. It's a paid tool by the same company that makes DupeCatcher. They both use "filters" to show you what records are duplicates based on certain fields. DupeCatcher blocks the duplicate record from being entered and allows you to merge the records. Cloudingo lets you power through the whole system and dedupe it all at once or on a schedule. Either way you slice it, both tools are great salesforce data cleansing products to have in your toolbox.

This was selected as the best answer
Vinny12Vinny12

Hey thanks alot..

I see that it can block the duplicates ( if i select donot insert or donot update) but when do they merge? Which condition should we select?

Please let me know

SchemeWalkerSchemeWalker

Vinny,

I think the filter option you would want to use is called "report duplicates". I can't recally off the top of my head but I think this is under the filter insert/update option. Example, when the user tries to insert a duplicate what do you want to do - in this case - report them. When you report those dupes, it creates "Alerts". Now at that point you can go review the alerts that were created. By clicking on them you can merge the dupes that were found. Does that make sense? They have a bunch of video tutorials explaining the whole salesforce data cleanup process on their website. It's sounds like you already have it up and running so you can just skip to that second video on merge.

With my users I generally don't concern them with the dupes by blocking them. I normally just go at the end of the day or every other day and merge them using this report duplicates example.

We have Cloudingo setup to perform auto-merges nightly and it has some pretty sophisticated options in terms of what to auto-merge and when. For us, there are certain "untouchable" fields that tie into external systems. We use Cloudingo to make sure those stay that way and it allows us to audit certain fields and generate reports on old vs new values etc.

Cheers,

GW

Vinny12Vinny12

Hey thanks,

Can you please tell me about  "merge".  By clicking on them you can merge the dupes that were found. merge in this context maintains two records in one record like A,B or ..I didnt get it. Please explain.

SchemeWalkerSchemeWalker

Two records become 1. Did you watch the video? They explain it all in there.

Record A

Record B

Record C

Let's say B is the one you want to keep. A and C get merged into B and deleted. All that is left is B.

symphonicsymphonic

There's been some very thorough answers here.  So let me offer that if anyone has some specific quesitiions or needs help, feel free to contact us at support@symphonicsource.com

Below is a bit of information to disrtinguish between DupeCatcher and Cloudingo:

DupeCatcher only blocks new incoming duplicate records either from a manual insert/update or from web-to-lead web forms.  So the app will prevent new duplicates from being created in your org, but it does not yet clean out those already in the system, nor does it support dedupe on mass import. 

Cloudingo, cleanses/dedupes the entire existing database as well as supports dedupe after a mass upload.  It does so by generating a dashboard view of your data.  From the dashboard you can see where your duplicates are, and you can merge them to raise the level of your data quality and to deduplicate the database.  Furhter yuo can import a file of records and check them against the existing database before they records get created.

Best regards,

Stephen Harding

Symphonic Source, Makers of DupeCatcher and Cloudingo

SA_AdminSA_Admin
Hi Stephen,

I would like to make a recommendation to install DupeCatcher in our org but I know that we have a limit of tabs.  How do I get around this with DupeCatcher needing about 4 tabs?

Please let me know.

Thank you.