function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bclapperbclapper 

Controller Extension for a Related List

I am fairly new to the Apex crowd but I have created two objects that have Master Detail Relationship.  The Commission Rec object is the master and Order Entry as the child.  I am creating a VF Page to render as PDF to be used as a report.  I can use the Standard Controller for the information I need to display from the Commission Rec and the information from the Order Entry is all contained in the Related List.  The problem is that the Order Entry contains a Sales Rep field that I need to group the results by and then subtotal both the Total and Commission Paid fields.  My thought has been that I could just write a controller extension for the Commission Rec object and use the AggregateResults and Group By funtions but I am having a hard writing the extention.  I have tried to leverage the various examples I have seen on the web of how to write the new list but I am really having a hard time finding an example that is as simple as what I need.  I don't have to filter any data and I am pulling records that are already defined in a one-to-many relationship.  Does anyone have an example of code that will take a standard related list and group and subtotal the results?

thank you,

Bryan

s_k_as_k_a
Hi Bryan,

pass the Commission Rec object id to the controller extension and do furthur logic there.
Here is sample code.

public class VFpageExtn{
public commisionobject  cm {get;set;}

public VFpageExtn(ApexPages.StandardController controller){
    cm=(commisionobject)controller.getRecord();
    cm = [select id Name, your Oject filed ,( fields from your child object) from commisionobject where id =: cm.id];
    odrderentryAggregateResults(cm);
}
public void odrderentryAggregateResults(commisionobject cmo){

Map<String, decimal> SalesRepToTotal = new Map<String, decimal>();
        for(AggregateResult ar :[select sum(Total) tot, sum(CommissionPaid) cp, salesRep from childobject where parentobjectid =:cmo.id group by salesRep])
  {
   SalesRepToTotal.put((String)ar.get('salesRep'),(decimal)(ar.get('tot')+ar.get('cp'));
  }

}
}