function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sriganeshsriganesh 

trigger or formula field help

i have a time_stamp__c field on account. if i edit the account record time_stamp__c field shows edit time and it should display first edit time only rather than all remaining edits

please help me am new to salesforce 

Shailesh DeshpandeShailesh Deshpande
ONE way could be to have a checkbox field with default value as True. Then, whenever the record is updated for the first time, you write a workflow field update on time stamp field, which will update the time stamp field if this checkbox is true. And also in the same workflow rule, have another field update which will update the checkbox to false.
Shailesh DeshpandeShailesh Deshpande
I am not sure about this one but check if you can use the PRIORVALUE() function with the CreatedDAte and LastModifiedDate field. If yes, then you can have a formula field which compares last modified date and created date. If prior value of last modified date is equal to CreatedDAte then copy the current value of last modified date to time stamp field.
sriganeshsriganesh

i created a workflow rule for displaying time  on time_stamp__c field when it is edited.but i dont how to make the time_stamp__c  field must have same time in its time_stamp__c (first edit time only) field for remaining edits also