function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
souvik9086souvik9086 

Attachment Migration Error

Hi all,

We are migrating attachments and documents from one salesforce org to another. We are using FileExporter for exporting the attachments and Dataloader to import those in target org. We exported the attachments from old org successfully but the problem we are facing is"Error converting value to correct data type:" while importing to new org. 

If anyone has idea about this, please help me out.

Thanks in advance

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
Make sure that the Body column is a file path, and that the filename matches the name in the Body column.
souvik9086souvik9086

Thanks for your help.

Yes the filename is matching with that but the concern is while uploading it doesn't able to address the file location. How can I move the file to that particular location?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
What I normally do is place the files and the csv file in the same directory, so that you only need to use the file name instead of a complete path. If this is cumbersome, just append the path to each file name.

How I normally do this is to add two columns after the body field (Ctrl +), and in the first extra column I place the file path, and in the second I concatenate the values using a formula like =G2&H2, copy it all the way down, copy that column and "Special Paste > Values" back into the Body column, then finally remove the two extra columns.

Use an absolute file path, if necessary, such as "D:\Exports\20130521\FILENAME" instead of just "FILENAME".