function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MohaMoha 

how to hide custom button from some Users in the List View

Hello, i wonder if there is a way to hide Custom Buttons from some Users in The List View, any help would be great thanks 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MohaMoha

Hello, the solution is to create a VF Page and do what you desire in it, which means u need to develop your requierements, it's not possible to show some buttons and don't show others in the list view, 

All Answers

asish1989asish1989

HI

I think this is not possible exactly what you required for. But I am sharing some idea which may help .

If you want to hide a button on some object layout  , You need to do in this way.

1-You need to make two layouts, one for everyone and other one is for particular user where that custom button is overridden.

2-now you can remove that custom button in the new layout.

3-create a profile

4-click on profile and go to PageLayout section and click on View assignment link

5-Click on EditAssignment button

6-Choose Page Layout To Use picklist value to new layout name(where button is already removed).

7-click on save button

8-Finally choose which user wont see button and change his profile name to current one that you just created

If this post answers your questions please mark it as solved and give kudos for this post If it helps

Thanks

MohaMoha
Hey, Thank you for the reply well what you wrote it's interesting but i've already done this, and i'm not triying to hide button from Page Layout but from The List View this is my problem
MHOCTMHOCT

I to have this same problem/requirement.  Did you ever find a solution?

MohaMoha

Hello, the solution is to create a VF Page and do what you desire in it, which means u need to develop your requierements, it's not possible to show some buttons and don't show others in the list view, 

This was selected as the best answer