function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mikeli888mikeli888 

Got errors DUPLICATE_VALUE and METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED from Developer Console

Hi, 

I am new to Salesforce.com and just going through short language examples (in chap2 of APEX workbook) with Developer Console. Somehow I got DUPLICATE_VALUE: Failed to create createContainerMember for containerId=..." when the console kicks off. I also got  METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED "Unable to delete container member undefined: HTTP Method 'DELETE' not allowed....".

I am using Google Chrome on Windows 7. Please advise. Thanks! 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

We use containers to manage compiling and saving of Apex and VF. This error was caused by a race condition which should be fixed. Unfortunality, the error prevents the file from being removed from the workspace, which is why you see this message every time open the dev console (or load the workspace).

Try to create a new workspace or clean out your old one, and the message should go away.

All Answers

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
Can you post your code here?
DarrellDDarrellD

There is no code. It occurs when launching the Developer Console. I've been getting this for week as well. Been just closing the dialog box but its annoying and must also be trying to tell us something.

I'm using Vista Business Chrome.

Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

We use containers to manage compiling and saving of Apex and VF. This error was caused by a race condition which should be fixed. Unfortunality, the error prevents the file from being removed from the workspace, which is why you see this message every time open the dev console (or load the workspace).

Try to create a new workspace or clean out your old one, and the message should go away.

This was selected as the best answer