function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
textualtextual 

love developer console, but how do i test?

i really like using the developer console to write code, but how can i quickly run tests from here and get the results?

what im doing now is have console on one monitor and setup / develop / classes on the other

after i save in the console, i go to setup, go to the class and hit the run tests button

is there an easier way?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
nickwick76nickwick76

Hi,

Open the tab named 'Test'. From here you can click the button 'New Run' just below the top pane.

You will get to choose from all classes that are either test classes or classes that have test methods.

After it has run you will get information on whether it was succesful or not and any errors. Furthermore you can see the code coverage results for the run in the right pane.

HTH / Niklas

All Answers

nickwick76nickwick76

Hi,

Open the tab named 'Test'. From here you can click the button 'New Run' just below the top pane.

You will get to choose from all classes that are either test classes or classes that have test methods.

After it has run you will get information on whether it was succesful or not and any errors. Furthermore you can see the code coverage results for the run in the right pane.

HTH / Niklas

This was selected as the best answer
s_k_as_k_a

Watch the below  webinar for  testing and debuging in developer console.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Webinar:_Advanced_Testing_%26_Debugging_Using_the_Developer_Console_(2013-Apr)