function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
:) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) 

Salesforce to Salesforce (sandbox)

I have created salesforce to salesforce between two Enterprise Production Orgs a month ago and currently we are manually sharing it using External Sharing Related List, everything is working fine but I read some best practice to share it automatically using trigger and class. When I tried to write code in sandbox I found out Salesforce to Salesforce: Partner org is not active and no API calls are allowed. I don't understand what does this mean. Do you have any idea about this how can I successfully write code in sandbox and deploy in production.

spatel_cespatel_ce

Hi,

Might be PartnerNetworkRecordConnection can help you to find your connection status. Also you can only perform Salesforce to Salesforce and Sandbox to Sandbox but NOT in cross-orgs (i.e. Salesforce to Sandbox and Sandbox to Salesforce).

Hope this helps.

-Sawan

Hit the Kudos button if any post helps you - Mark the answer as solution, It might help others running to into similar problem in future.

Thanks for replying. Can I know where can I do sandbox to sandbox? I am really not sure.

spatel_cespatel_ce

You have implemented Salesforce to Salesforce in production. So while you will create a new Developer Sandbox, it will create with a fresh and most recent replica of production and you will need to follow same process in rest Org(s). Now you can write your Triggers and classes with referencing to connected Partner Org(s). While you will move your classes and triggers back to production.

Hope this will help you.

-Sawan

Hit the Kudos button if any post helps you - Mark the answer as solution, It might help others running to into similar problem in future.

I figured out that we can't use replica of production connection in sandbox but We need to stop that connection just in sandbox and establish new connection just between sandboxes. I am thinking this is the only way we can write code and deploy it to production.