function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajjjjrajjjj 

Insufficient Privileges issue

Hiya,

Insufficient Privileges

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. 

I am trying to click on an output link and it is displaying the above Insufficient Privileges message.

I have given security access to vf pages, controllers.

<apex:outputLink onclick="window.open('vfpage?id=......&,....>abc</apex:outputLink>

In controller I am using this 

PageReference attachmentpage =
new PageReference('/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=' + a.id);

It is opening the link in this form, but showing the above said message:

https://mmi--kit.cs12.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00Pe0000000AhBeWeJ

Any Idea!!!!

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi Raj,

Check the below two sections in the profile, for which you're facing this issue,

1. Enabled Apex Class Access

2. Enabled Visualforce Page Access

Ensure that your apex class and VF pages are given access to the profile. If not, add the access and try again.

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All

Hit Kudos & Mark this post as solved, if it helps you

rajjjjrajjjj

Yes I have mentioned already that in security I have given access to vf and controller.

I have observed one more thing---> The customer portal user was not able to access his own contact and account.

I have checked in profile to give some delegated authentication, but not able to find that option for the customer user profile i am using.

Since the user doesn't have access to accounts, he might not be able to see the attachments also.

Please suggest.

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi Raj,

check if your VF page has any Chatter Components or Chatter tags (chatter:follow, etc,), if yes try by removing them.

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All

Hit Kudos & Mark this post as solved, if it helps you

rajjjjrajjjj

No I don't have any Chatter Components or Chatter tags in my page.

The problem is portal user doesnt have access to Accounts; and since the Attachments are under Accounts, he is not able to access them.